Course Code: 020
This course will provide the participant with the necessary theoretical knowledge of proper overhead crane. It is the first part of a two-part requirement to become a qualified overhead crane operator.
- Review the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Regulations for Industrial Establishments.
- Learn the key requirements and procedures for safe crane, hoist and rigging work.
- Identify basic hazards and controls critical to safety.
- Plan slinging or rigging loads for safety, and check the set-up to ensure safety.
- Plan raising, moving, and lowering loads safely, and avoid/overcome typical lifting problems.
- 4 hours Overhead Bridge Crane
- 2 hours Jib Crane
- 2 hours Monorail Crane
- 2 hours Chain Hoist
- 2 hours Gantry Crane