Course Code: 002
This course is for personnel who dispense flammable liquids. Serious injuries and fatalities, building, equipment, and product damages occur when bonding and grounding is not adequate and/or personnel haven’t been made aware of the hazards associated with static electricity.
- Become familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, and Ontario Fire Code requirements.
- Understand the following definitions: bonding, grounding, conductor/conductive path and static.
- Become familiar with how static electricity forms.
- Understand the hazards and controls of static electricity and fire and explosion ranges.
- Demonstrate how to effectively bond and ground containers
- 2 hours includes hands on demonstration.
- Course materials and certificates provided.