Course Code: 003
Ministry of Labour inspectors will focus on risk factors during inspections of high-risk workplaces in industrial and health sectors to raise awareness of pains and strains. Each organization’s experience with these types of injuries will be reviewed along with the preventive steps they have taken.
MOL Inspector stated their mandate for ergonomics is as follows:
- Review lost time claims for ergonomic related injuries
- Focus on repetitive strain issues
- Has an ergonomic assessment been completed
- Issue orders to form ergonomic committee
- Supervisory training on ergonomics to reduce risk of employee injury
This interactive course will assist everyone in the workplace in dealing with Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD), Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), Cumulative Trauma Disorder (CTD) and Repetitive Motion Injury (RMI).
- Become familiar with injury statistics and how to avoid becoming a statistic
- Understand that MSD is not a medical diagnosis; it is an umbrella term for a group of injuries
- Understand the role that ergonomics plays
- Understand and identify the risk factors of MSD’s
- Understand how to prepare and utilize a physical demands analysis
- Familiarization with prevention strategies.
- Up to 3 hours