Course Code: 004
80 people are injured every day in a fall at work, that’s one every 20 minutes.
Same-level slips and falls account for 65% of all fall injuries.
Falls from heights account for 34% of all fall injuries.
These falls are preventable. This course will provide the necessary theoretical knowledge of proper fall prevention.
- Review the legal requirements under the current industrial regulations.
- Understand the principles of basic hazards and controls of fall prevention pertaining to: Ladders, Powered elevation work platforms, Protective covers, Warning barriers and bump lines & Guardrails.
- Understand travel-restraint systems.
- Fall-restriction & safety net systems
- Fall-arrest components
- Bottoming out
- Pendulum effect
- Emergency rescue
- Hazards assessment of task and risk management
- Up to 3.5 hours and will include a harness inspection and donning.