Course Code: 009
80 people are injured every day in a fall at work, that’s one every 20 minutes.
Same-level slips and falls account for 65% of all fall injuries.
Falls from heights account for 34% of all fall injuries.
These falls are preventable. This course will provide the necessary theoretical knowledge of proper fall prevention.
- Know the legal requirements under the following legislation
- Understand the principles of basic hazards and controls of fall prevention
- Powered elevation work platforms
- Protective covers
- Warning barriers and bump lines
- Understand travel-restraint systems
- Fall-restriction & safety net systems
- Fall-arrest components
- Bottoming out
- Pendulum effect
- Emergency rescue
- Hazards assessment of task and risk management
- 3 hours for theory. Up to 15 minutes per person for practical