Course Code: 010
In this module participants will learn that responding to fires requires an understanding of types of fires and types of extinguishers. This training is a two part training session comprised of a one-hour theory session and a one-hour practical hands on use of the extinguisher using a planned fire as a demo for the participant to extinguish.
- Understand the principles and hazards related to various fire
- Know the 3 Elements of Fire Chemistry
- Distinguish between the types of fire extinguishers, A, B, C & D
- Complete a questionnaire at the end of the course
- Manager, Maintenance Personnel, Supervisors, Employees and Joint Health and Safety Committee Members
- Course participation limited to a maximum 20 participants per session.
- 2 hours theory (1 hour theory and 1 hour practical)
- Course materials and certificates provided.
- Extinguisher refills extra