Course Code: 012
Accidents involving flammable materials have resulted in loss of lives and destruction of property, and community evacuations. Safe storage, handling and use of flammable materials are the focus of this course.
- Become familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations for Industrial Establishments, Ontario Fire Code, and Propane Code requirement.
- Understand terms such as flash point, combustion triangle, lower and upper explosive limits, boiling point, vapour pressure, auto-ignition temperature,
- review storage requirements for flammable and combustible liquids,
- review dispensing of flammable liquids, including ventilation, and bonding and grounding requirements,
- review extinguishing media.
- 1 hour with a ½ hour walk through of the workplace
- Course materials and certificates provided