Course Code: 030
The overall goal is to give the workers knowledge and information, which they can understand and apply to protect their health and safety in the workplace every day.
- Review the new Federal Legislation for the Global Harmonization System known as W.H.M.I.S 2015 and the impact of this on manufactures, suppliers, employers and workers and will also discuss what we believe the Ontario Provincial Government may add to the Federal Legislation requirements.
- Review both the WHMIS 1988 and the New WHMIS 2015 symbols, labels, MSDS and SDS.
- Generic versus specific training. Many workplaces do not understand the requirements for training and often do not provide the information needed to protect workers and expose their business to an unnecessary risks. We will review both the legislation requirements and best practices.
- Be familiar with routes of entry of an unprotected worker and the effects of chemicals on the body
- Review the three basic methods of controlling hazards, at the source, along the path, and at the worker.
- Review the basic principle of emergency planning.
- 4 hours