Course Code: 019
This course will provide information on the safe guarding of equipment. Equipment that is not guarded or inadequately guarded creates a potential hazard for employees. Learn how to recognize, assess and correct guarding problems.
- Become familiar with Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations for Industrial Establishment, Pre-start Health and Safety Reviews, and the C.S.A. Standard for the “Safe Guarding for Machinery”
- Recognize types of hazards associated with machinery and equipment and processes.
- Assess risks of workplace hazards and adequacy of controls.
- Identify various types of guarding, and operating controls and their safety function.
- Determine how to best conduct a workplace assessment in their facilities
- 2 hours