Course Code: 033
This course will assist those responsible for conducting accident and incident investigations. Investigations that are incomplete generally result in a recurrence of the accident or incident. Investigation reports are legal documents (W.S.I.B and O.H.S.A.) and must be completed carefully.
- Understand the legal requirements placed upon various workplace parties;
- Become familiar with the losses associated with accidents including personal injuries, the impact on business, and the legal consequences.
- Understand that investigating incidents is important to prevent futures losses from occurring.
- Learn how to use problem-solving tools to identify problems, collect and analyse data to determine immediate and root causes, and develop and implement action plans targeted towards preventing recurrences.
- Gathering evidence through witness interviews, photography, training records, and logs.
- Prepare reports using supplied forms by reviewing a video case study.
- 3 hours
Apply Now - 2018 Offerings