Course Code: 017
This course will assist managers, supervisors, and safety personnel to look more closely at the workplace and determine if controls are adequate, and actions to take to correct known deficiencies. Consideration of guarding, ventilation systems, lift truck, scissors and lift/booms, overhead cranes, racking, paint dispensing equipment, hand tools and other items should be included in a review. Employers have a legal responsibility to know workplace hazards and to take all reasonable precautions for worker safety.
- Understanding the laws pertaining to health and safety hazards
- Define occupational injury and illness
- Understand the four types of workplace health hazards
- Understand the most common manufacturing sector health and safety hazards
- Identify how health hazards can affect the body’s major internal systems
- Understand the key steps to workplace health and safety – hazard recognition, assessment , control and evaluation
- • Categorizing Hazards and methods of Recognition, Assessment and Control • Become familiar with the various types of preventative measures to take including the need for controls at the source, along the path and at the worker.
- 4 hours
Apply Now - 2018 Offerings