Course Code: 027
This hands-on training will provide the participant with the opportunity to apply the previously learned theoretical knowledge to the proper operation of an aerial work platform. This is the second part of a two-part requirement to become a qualified aerial work platform operator.
- Recognize and understand all limitations and warnings, operating procedures and operator’s responsibilities for maintenance of the equipment.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the Operating Maintenance and Parts Manual and Operator’s Manual provided by the manufacturer for the specific make and model he or she will be using.
- Learn how to apply employer’s rules and any government-related regulations.
- Demonstrate his/her ability to understand and properly operate the work platform as shown by a qualified person.
Please note: All new operators must have a minimum of 4 hours of Supervised practice time on each machine before being assessed. Supervision must be completed by a competent person.
- 45 minutes per person
- Course materials and wallet cards provided