Course Code: 014
This course provides a clear understanding of what workplace violence is. The focus is on how to develop a policy and program to address the issues of workplace violence.
- Bill 168: Workplace Violence
- Legal duties under Occupational Health and Safety Act of employers, officers, directors and supervisors to prevent and manage workplace violence.
- Types of liability for failing to protect workers from workplace violence and harassment and the involvement of the MOL.
- Review of changes made to the OHS Act.
- Defining workplace violence and harassment.
- Identifying, assessing, and controlling workplace violence risks.
- How to conduct a workplace violence risk assessment.
- Dealing with work refusals related to violence and harassment.
- Worker training and reporting incidents.
- Disciplining workers for violence/harassment.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Increase awareness of workplace violence and harassment and the harmful impacts on organizations and their employees.
- Translate legislative requirements into active compliance.
- Provide practical, hands-on solutions and tools.
- 2 hours