As the Novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to evolve and affect people and organizations around the world there are a few things employers can do to ensure and maintain the health and well being of their employees and their workplace.
- Keep your employees informed about signs and symptoms of the coronavirus, prevention techniques such as handwashing, who to contact if they are sick, and any changes to your sick leave or work from home policies.
- Encourage employees who are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, tiredness or a dry cough to stay home until they feel well and are no longer exhibiting such symptoms.
- Recommended and establish good hygiene practices and proper protocols to follow if coughing or sneezing.
- Perform routine workplace cleaning, including regular sanitation of frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, food surfaces, phones, and keyboards
- Prepare or update an Emergency Response Plan.
Additionally it is important for you to monitor reputable sources for developments and best practices that may impact your workplace’s response. Some of these sources can be found below.
Ontario Ministry of Health
Although we’re not available face-to-face at the present time, we are working remotely to serve you. With that, if you have any questions or would like any assistance preparing an Emergency Response Place (ERP) or for help with your Sick Leave or Work from Home Policies please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Lastly, from our team to yours, Stay Well and Stay Safe!