Everyone working in the restaurant and food services sector needs to consider how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at work, including:
- drive-thru operators
- maintenance staff
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, follow:
- requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated regulations
- public health direction
- guidance issued by the Chief Medical Officer of Health or your local public health unit
- The first step to control risks in a workplace is to identify them. For COVID-19, the risks are related to how the virus spreads.
COVID-19 can be spread at the workplace in two main ways:
- person to person, by people who are in close contact
- by surfaces or objects, when people touch their face with contaminated hands
The risk of getting COVID-19 is higher if you:
- spend more time with potentially infected people
- work in closer proximity to others
- interact with more people
- work in more enclosed spaces (working indoors is riskier than working outdoors)
It is possible for COVID-19 to be spread by people who do not have any symptoms. Act as if everyone is infected when setting up controls.
Click here to read more….