Course Code: 005
This course will provide the participant with the necessary theoretical knowledge of proper lift truck operation. It is the first part of a two-part requirement to maintain a qualified lift truck operator. This course has been designed around the requirements outlined in the Ministry of Labour Guidelines for Lift Truck Operations, and the current C.S.A. standards.
- Review the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, and Ontario Fire Code requirements.
- Gain an understanding of basic load handling procedures, safe operating practices, stacking/de-stacking loads, parking a lift truck, and how to conduct pre-use inspections.
- Be familiar with propane cylinder exchange, and with battery charging and maintenance.
- Optional/Client – Review of Manufacturer operations manual(s) – additional time and cost for each class/code of truck.
- Optional/Client – Review of Company Policy – additional time.
- 8 hours (non-experienced operators) 4 hours (experienced operators)
- 4 hours (experienced operators)
- Course materials and certificates provided.